Foreign documents

Often you will need legalised foreign documents for use in administrative procedures of the Belgian administration.

The diplomacy department of the federal public service has developed a useful tool for this purpose where you can see which steps you need to take or which factors you need to take into account.

Documents from countries that have signed the Convention of the Hague of 1961 can be used in Belgium if they have an apostille.

If the documents are drawn up in a language other than our national languages, it is almost certain that you will need a sworn or ordinary translation of them.